40 things about Luxembourg culture, customs, and traditions.
Luxembourg is an amazing place to visit where most people speak 2-3 languages. Luxembourg is full of travel and exploring places and is a very must-visit destination.
1. Luxembourg is a landlocked country in Europe, bordered by Belgium, France, and Germany.
2. The population of Luxembourg is just over half a million people, with a density of only 186 people per square kilometer.
3. The capital of Luxembourg is Luxembourg City, which is also the country’s largest city.
4. The official languages of Luxembourg are French and German, though English is also widely spoken.
5. The currency of Luxembourg is the Euro.
6. The climate in Luxembourg is temperate, with cool summers and mild winters.
7. The terrain of Luxembourg is mostly hilly and forested.
8. Luxembourg’s natural resources include iron ore, coal, and timber.
9. Luxembourg is a member of the European Union, the United Nations, and NATO.
10. The head of state of Luxembourg is the Grand Duke, while the head of government is the Prime Minister.
11. Luxembourg is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system of government.
12. The unicameral Parliament of Luxembourg has 60 members, elected for five-year terms.
13. The judicial system of Luxembourg is based on civil law.
14. The legal system of Luxembourg is based on French law.
15. There is no military draft in Luxembourg.
16. Luxembourg’s military consists of the Army, the Air Force, and the Gendarmerie.
17. Luxembourg’s defense budget is 1.3% of GDP.
18. Luxembourg’s exports include steel products, machinery, and chemicals.
19. Luxembourg’s imports include raw materials, machinery, and foodstuffs.
20. Luxembourg’s main trading partners are Belgium, France, Germany, and the Netherlands.
21. The unemployment rate in Luxembourg is 6.1%.
22. The infant mortality rate in Luxembourg is 3.2 per 1,000 live births.
23. Life expectancy in Luxembourg is 80.5 years.
24. The literacy rate in Luxembourg is 100%.
25. The per capita GDP in Luxembourg is $80,700.
26. The currency of Luxembourg is the Euro.
27. The main religions practiced in Luxembourg are Christianity and atheism.
28. The average life expectancy in Luxembourg is 80 years.
29. The infant mortality rate in Luxembourg is 3.1 deaths per 1,000 live births.
30. Luxembourg’s population is ethnically diverse, with Luxembourgers, Germans, French, Italians, Belgians, and Dutch all represented.
31. The primary spoken language in Luxembourg is Luxembourgish, a Germanic language.
32. French and German are also widely spoken in Luxembourg.
33. Luxembourgish, French, and German are all official languages of Luxembourg.
34. English is also widely spoken in Luxembourg.
35. Luxembourgish, French, German, and English are all taught in schools.
36. The primary religion practiced in Luxembourg is Christianity.
37. Roman Catholicism is the largest Christian denomination in Luxembourg.
38. There is also a significant Muslim population in Luxembourg.
39. Judaism is also practiced in Luxembourg.
40. Luxembourg is a secular state, and freedom of religion is guaranteed.